Seven Churches in South Oxfordshire

Community (Page 11)

From the Rector: Tuesday 9th February 2021

A Thousand Miles for God Dear friends, Small steps add up. Yesterday I celebrated “day 264” of doing a local walk in the lanes round Checkendon which I have somehow managed every single day since last May. The circular route has stayed the same, although I do alternate the direction. Anyway, yesterday was significant as a personal milestone, because as the route…

From the Rector: Tuesday 26th January 2021

Be Still (and Know) Dear friends, Depressed, lonely, anxious, tired, upset, lost, worried, fearful, distressed, frazzled, uncertain, desolate, frightened, redundant, fed up ? Don’t answer that. Just make sure you take some time each day when you tell God about it in the stillness. Whatever it is, He knows. And He wants you to know that He knows. But you won’t know…

From the Rector: Tuesday 19th January 2021

Small steps Dear friends, …..faithfully walked, add up. The Covid battle rages around us in Intensive Care Units, hospital wards, care homes, and now GP surgeries and vaccination centres. We are moving from a responsive and defensive footing to a proactive and aggressive stance; treatments have improved, and each vaccination begins the slow removal of potential hosts for the virus to infect.…

From the Rector: Tuesday 29th December 2020

Newsflash Sunday worship for 3rd January will be online only A Service of the Word with Revd John  10am        188 513 761 and 019797         Morning worship with Bible readings and prayers. Morning Praise for Epiphany with Revd Linda 10am.   871 2462 6815 and 324899 Morning Service with Revd James 11am     Please email James to receive your invitation. Morning Prayer with Revd Kevin …