Seven Churches in South Oxfordshire

Community (Page 7)

From the Rector: Tuesday 14th December 2021

Christmas Worship Edition Dear friends, Thank you for all your good humoured support throughout the last year. Here are the “live in person” services for the Christmas Season at Checkendon and Stoke Row. Booking is not necessary, but please do wear your face covering inside the church building and use the hand sanitizer on the way in. We’ll keep things draughty, so…

From the Rector: Tuesday 7th December 2021

Hold out for Christmas Dear friends, As Covid (whether delta or omicron) colours the map again can I remind you all that (i) Christmas Services remain “on” (ii) Live church will be as safe as we can make it, with ventilation and hand sanitizer (iii) social distancing and mask wearing are optional, but advisable and (iv) the best defence against getting seriously…

From the Rector: Tuesday 30th November 2021

Welcome Bishop Gavin Collins Dear friends This coming Sunday we welcome Rt Rev Gavin Collins, the new Bishop of Dorchester, for his first visit to the Langtree Team area. He is conducting the 9.45am confirmation service at St Leonard’s Woodcote, where adult candidates from across the Team will be presented. (I’ll be there in my capacity as Team Rector, and also presenting…

From the Rector: Tuesday 23rd November 2021

The Advent Journey begins. Dear friends, Whether you are a glass half full person (“Christmas is coming!”) or a glass half empty one (“We’re all going catch flu/Covid/be locked down again”) nevertheless the end of November marks the turning from autumn to winter proper. It also marks the start of the Christian year, on Advent Sunday. This is the season of penitence…